Thursday 26 November 2009

Skinning - 24th Nov

Mmmmm........Where do I start......nothings ever simple.......

I wanted to attach my mesh to the Rigg. Steve's confidence that it wouldn't be a problem was some what optimistic!! (Thought I'd be able to achieve this in the morning.....however, it took the whole day)! I had doubts that I would be able to achieve this straight away by the problems that I've had with other tasks modelling my character. Binding skin did not work due to components not having deleted History. First of all I had to select bones and group them. So I can select set members to skin. Difficult to locate so went into the outliner and the hypergraph to locate certain bones.....this is because I forgot to name three of the bones. (I see why it's so important to label as it is much easier to locate in the hyper-graph). Alex quickly went through Hierarchy in Hyper-graph with me ......Quite complicated.....(will go through during Christmas). Anyway my point is.......binding skin didn't work as I hadn't deleted history on some of the components. When I went through individually each object...the main body would not enable me to delete history. Steve said that I would have to convert the model into polys again!!!! Anyway spent the afternoon doing this only to find that Steve had a brain wave going back to my nurbs model - edit-delete by type-history and additionally delete-non-deformers-history......BINGO!!!!!! It worked.......So by the end of the day I finally had the binding done!!!!! Nice one Steve......

As I need to press on with Post Production tomorrow Thursday I will paint weights and maybe animate Willie!

Coolio.....

No comments:

Post a Comment